The Strathnaver Museum opening in 1976 thanks to the efforts of historian and broadcaster Dr Ian Grimble along with the support of a dedicated band of local volunteers. Today we remain a volunteer led organisation and without doubt our volunteers are the Museums greatest asset. Each year we run a wide range of events, activities and training opportunities; look after hundreds of artefacts dating from the Bronze Age to the modern period; and help to support local schools to deliver the Curriculum for Excellence. But…
We need you!
There are many ways you can help to support your museum whether its donating your valuable time, ideas, artefacts, or financial support!
- Becoming a Friend of the Strathnaver Museum
- Buy an admission voucher
- Donating to support our work
- Supporting a project by contacting us directly
- Sponsoring our programme by contacting us directly
- Leaving a legacy in your will by contacting us for more information
- Donating an item
- Supplying copies of your family history to add to our growing database