We want to inspire our children and young people to appreciate and understand the importance of the environment in the everyday, for both practical uses which help us to survive and for our own well-being as well as being important to ensure the survival of other species. We envisage that by asking the children to think about “what use is nature?” they will begin to explore the everyday wonder to be found on their doorsteps.
- What is history?
- Agricultural and industrial revolution
- Where our food comes from
- Different uses of plants
- more engaged with the role and importance of the natural environment around them;
- have a greater understanding of the impact nature has on their daily lives;
- develop a greater understanding and appreciation of how the natural environment sustained their forebears.