As we are living through unprecedented times why not write a diary for posterity which can be added to the Strathnaver Museum archive!
Life has changed for all of us and writing about our experiences can help us to make sense of our ‘new’ lives. Write as much or as little as you like about what life is like for you during the lock-down, this could be diary form, prose, a poem or even an artwork to illustrate how you feel! If you’ve some photographs or even drawings to illustrate your life in lock-down that would be great too. Submissions will be collated and added to the archive to help tell the story of what life was like in Mackay Country during the 2020 Coronavirus pandemic.
Some questions to get you started:
- Has life changed for you during lock-down?
- In what way has it changed:
- How are you finding it?
- Are there any positives? What are they?
- Are there any negatives? What are they?
- What are you doing to make things easier for yourself and / or others?
- What suggestions do you have for other people to make things easier?
- What have you liked about the response in your local area?
- What funny things have happened during lock-down, if any?
- What sad things have happened?
- Is there anyone you like to remember?
For more information and to submit your contribution to the archive email Fiona at firstname.lastname@example.org