At Strathnaver Museum we have lots of fun educational activities for families to take part in on-site which we are now working on making available on our website. Over the coming weeks we will develop and add to the resources here so that you can support your children’s learning and keep them entertained.
School Loan Box:
- What use is Nature? – We want to inspire our children and young people to appreciate and understand the importance of the environment in the everyday, for both practical uses which help us to survive and for our own well-being as well as being important to ensure the survival of other species. We envisage that by asking the children to think about “what use is nature?” they will begin to explore the everyday wonder to be found on their doorsteps.
Other kids resources:
- Melness Shoe – discover more about the Melness Shoe and even make your own!
Can you add to Strathnaver Museum’s Archive:
- Diary of a lock-down – add to Strathnaver Museum’s archive by writing about what life is like in north west Sutherland during lock-down
- Mackay Country Remembers – help us add to our archive by uncovering your family stories
- Clan Mackay Stories – tell us about your family’s story to be added to the archive
- Lost at Sea – community research project exploring lives lost at sea along the north coast
- Sutherland Caithness Heroes 2020 – create a commemorative plaque to say thank you to your local hero.